Saturday, November 26, 2011

Additional Information

Grad school apps drive me insane.  Letters of rec, personal statement, filling out the same exact shit on every. single. application.  (Seriously- make a fucking common application.  This shit is stupid.)


And then the "Additional Information" section.  Where you put anything that "is not covered elsewhere in the application."  I always feel like I need to put something here, because there are a lot of things that the applications don't cover, but I assume it's supposed to still be moderately science related.  Last year, I uploaded my illustrated personal statement, but I'm thinking that might not be the best idea this time around, since it obviously didn't work last time.



I've thought about highlighting some of my more unorthodox skills, like my ability to imbibe obscene amounts of alcohol and still talk about science. 



But while this is a very important and useful skill, it's probably not one that I should admit to perfecting to an admissions committee. 

So my current thinking is that I need to use this Additional Information space to really set myself apart, accentuating what makes me different from most other aspiring neuroscientists. The obvious difference: I am ridiculously good looking.  Now I just need some decent pictures of me, preferably in a scientific setting, with just a hint of suggestiveness.

 

Who could possibly turn that down?

2 comments:

  1. this needs to continue and never stop -h

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't understand why you were not accepted last year with such an incredible additional information section.
    Still in lab, 8 PM, when your Matlab has crashed 5 times in 10 minutes, it's time to drink PFA, or to have a beer.

    doc gonzo

    ReplyDelete