Saturday, November 12, 2011

Things that make me happy pt. 1

I'm a lab tech in a pretty awesome lab.  While this means that I'm constantly surrounded by awesome science and awesome sciencey people, it also means that my job sucks.  I do the same exact shit.  Every. Single. Day.  So, to combat this, I've started to focus more on things that happen during the course of my work day that make me really happy. 

Like when you go to grab gloves and you discover that there are exactly two gloves left in the box.

I think I spend too much time focusing on my gloves.  When I go to grab some, and there's three stuck together, it makes me really sad.  It's like I'm breaking up some beautiful glove love and ruining everything.  


And then I feel terrible because eventually, there's only one glove in the box.

I don't know if there was just an uneven number of gloves in the box to begin with, or if managed to lose one somehow, but either way, it makes me feel like a terrible person.



And then there are those times when there are exactly two gloves left in the box.  Nobody was lonely, and I don't have to worry about how much glove love I broke up, because eventually that one glove found another glove, and everybody wins. 


Sometimes it's the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment